Where: Live at the Budokan
When: Fri., Feb. 22, 2008
Duration: 1.5 hours-ish
Number of Happy Feet Shuffling Moments Before The Gig: approx. 23
As J-Ho said, NOW global warming can claim us.
NOW the seas can rise up and wash us away, because we have finally, FINALLY seen Björk. LIVE.
I have been a fan of the petite, eccentric Icelander from waaaay back, so last night's gig was an accumulation of close to 15 years of awe.
I spent most of the gig in a pose not unlike this one:
I have never been brought to tears by any performer, but.. oh yes, I had a wee cry-ski when she sang Hyperballad.
She didn't do too many of my old favourites, but she did bust out with Army of Me.. sigh..
As expected, she was weird and funny... saying "Arrrigato!" in her rolled-r Icelandic way, after almost every song. It was one of the band members' birthdays yesterday and she asked everyone to sing Happy Birthday to him in Japanese, which turned out a bit awkward, so she ended up singing Happy Birthday to him in Icelandic.
She also had the fabulous Icelandic Wonderbrass (the best name EVER for an all-girl brass band).
I am also in love with this machine, the reactable. I want one. And I want it NOW!
I almost don't want to go to another gig ever again.
Labels: cool, gigs/shows, Japan, Tokyo/Kanto






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home