incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
FOUND AT LAST! The Mochi Bread
IMG_4486

I first had a version of this squidgy, soft, yummy sesame seedy bread in 1998 when my Nishiguchi mum got it from a bakery in Osaka.

When I returned in 2004, I earnestly hunted for it. Unfortunately, it was no where to be found!

In late 2006, my MumMum and I encountered it in Hiroshima and I also got her hooked onto it. But again, we could not find it in Osaka anywhere.

So it was to my SUPER delight when I saw this one at a Vie de France bakery in Ikebukuro. I only JUST remembered to take a photo of it before eating the whole thing.

It is called a "Povilia", although I'm not sure of the actual romanised spelling. And there are recipes for it everywhere.. I originally thought it had rice flour in it, but the recipes all call for tapioca flour.

I feel some baking is in order. EXCITING!!!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Movies — Vantage Point |  Yamayokozawa Soba & Udon |  Gig — Simian Mobile Dis--mm, Sri Lankan |  The Fukutoshin Subway |  Spotted in Yoyogi-Uehara |  Wednesday's Lunch |  Tuesday's Lunch |  Sunday's Dinner |  Saturday's Dinner |  Curry Laksa |