Musical Chairs
Translated version of an email I received at the office that neatly demonstrates Office Irony:
"Mr. BigWig will be coming up from the Shizuoka branch to participate in a Time Management workshop. He will be sitting at Z-san's desk. Accordingly, Z-san will move to Y-san's desk, while Y-san will move to the desk on X-san's left."
Umm, I guess these people DO need a Time Management workshop.
Labels: amusing, Japan, media, Tokyo/Kanto






2 Comments:
Why doesn't Z-San just move to X-san's desk on the left?
I hate stupidity like this at work. Just like we've got bigwigs coming to visit and my boss wants me to set up this apparatus that I don't use; just so that it looks like my labspace is "complete".
Never mind that the labs were so poorly designed that it is actually impossible to use this apparatus as there is no room for the pump it requires.
Who knows. And the visiting UK COO of the whole company (as in, of ALL the branches) ends up sitting with the rest of us regular peeps. Is this because only the Japanese folk care about "rank"?
Your situation sounds pretty stupid too.. if it doesn't even work and the bigwigs notice, it'll make everyone look even more stupid.
Post a Comment
<< Home