incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Instant Curry Laksa?

yucky laksa

I finally used the box of instant curry laksa mix that I got sent last year. I should've taken note of the brand. The result was AWFUL.

It was more a coconut soup with curry bits, rather than an actual laksa. It came with dried curry leaves, so, surely they could've included dried lemongrass leaves. Or better still, pureed lemongrass IN the paste. It was FAR too coconutty (see how white and pale the soup is) and left an unnecessary oily feel on one's lips.

It was only saved by the presence of my mum's sambal, of which I added a generous tablespoon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Goya -- it's gotta be good for you! |  Behind HEP 5 |  Two Years |  The Legged Beasts of Tokyo |  Tokyo Gay/Lesbian Parade |  Portal To Hell |  Kyoto Fun |  Bargains |  Ah y'gotta luv 'em.. |  MELTY!! |