incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Time Travel

Daydreaming at work for a moment, I was suddenly reminded of one of my favourite childhood TV series — Captain Power and The Soldiers of the Future. I LOVE(D) this series. I so, SO desperately wanted their Power Suits and their weapons. It was interactive TV where, with a special gun, you could shoot at the screen and HELP THE SOLDIERS OF THE FUTURE FIGHT THE BioDreads.

I wanted the interactive gun soooo bad. My parents never got it for me. They never got me stuff I wanted as a kid. The Skeletor castle, advanced Lego sets, any kind of game console system.. I kept up the pleading for a game console until.. hmm, until late 2003 I think. My parents did well.

So anyway, I got YouTube-ing and OH MA GAAAAAD!!! I found video of Captain Power!!!

I watched it, my heart filled with emotion, feeling like I was back in '87. I remember seeing it for the first time, seeing a real life chick kicking ass. It was that moment that I knew that Corporal Jennifer 'Pilot' Chase would have to replace She-Ra as my female role model.

Oh for a time machine...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Hoffart said at 12:08 AM...

WOW. i have NEVER heard of this show, but wow. i am SO not surprised that you loved it. and corporal jennifer 'pilot' chase is so ... wholesome-looking somehow....hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Movies - Vidocq |  To The All Blacks |  Peace. Infinity. |  Pass It Onto Your Friends As Well |  Beary Cute Coffee |  Women vs. Sam |  Cool Things |  Best Food Of Summer |  Chiropractical |  Neighbourhood Watch |