I was so happy the other day, when my vegetarian workmate handed me ten FREE McDonald's cheeseburger coupons (you don't even have to buy anything first). He had been accumulating them whenever he bought his Cokes.
Excited, I used one yesterday. I had forgotten that McD's cheeseburgers come with only the slice of cheese and patty, so it was just as well that I had planned to pimp out my burger with lettuce, tomatoes and gherkin.
It was a yummy meal.
But then an hour or two later, I started to feel super nauseous and yucky. I ended up paying homage to the porcelain king a few times.
This exact thing happened to me last year when I had my first McD's breakfast after several years of no McD's. I'm hoping that my body's rejection of McD's food is a testament to my being fairly clean and healthy after so many years sans the big M.
Think I'll give the rest of the coupons to homeless people.. hopefully their bodies will accept Macca's.
Labels: creepy, gustation, Japan, Tokyo/Kanto






2 Comments:
Yeah it was the cheeseburgers that did it for me too, a few years ago now, I've never been back.
Occasionally I do notice the healthier options and all that and think maybe I should give it a go, but I can usually find something better.
I'll probably have to return when I have children, so no harm in avoiding it for a few more years while I can.
I avoid McD's and Starbucks if I can help it, but I thought that something FREE would be OK. I guess I thought WRONG! Bleagh.
Post a Comment
<< Home