incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Gigs — Justice

Where: Studio Coast / Ageha, Shin-kiba
When: Thu., Jan. 24, 2008
Duration: Close to 1.5 hours
Moment(s) of Embarrassing lack-of-knowledge-on-the-main-act: 1

On a bitterly cold and windy night (reminiscent of Welly I'm afraid to say) Fi and I grooved along to see Justice. The warm up DJ — Takayuki Serino — was simply stellar and I was busting out all dance moves possible to his mixes.

The guy after him, was DJ Busy P. He was the official opening act for Justice, but in all honesty I coulda done with more Serino-san.

Then came Justice. With the most spectacular light show I have ever experienced. The most subtle of scratches, beats, chirps were punctuated by a flicker of light, a flash of this, a pulse of that.. It truly made everyone experience the music. I wonder if the DJs themselves are also controlling the lighting. If not, it was a true genius who understands the DJs and the music so well that he/she knows exactly what light effect to do and when.

The humongous venue was packed, but was still spacious — compared to my train carriage that morning.

As Justice are from France, there were the occasional audible yells and cheers in French. I was also caught up in the excitement, but my French being, well, non-existent, all I could've really contributed while pumping my fist in the air would've been:

"BAGUETTE!"

"CROISSANT!"

"SAUVIGNON BLANC!"

First class gig. My eyeballs still hurt from the awesome-ness.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Yeebot said at 9:50 PM...

Woo hoo! I saw Justice a couple of months ago when they opened for CSS. They were cool though they totally deafened me! Loudest gig ever..

Here are my photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=22652&l=4ce8f&id=658394972

 
Anonymous Anonymous said at 10:51 PM...

oh my god, who was the loser who didn't properly identify the main act? Shame on their name. Jeez, like a dork outta hell. Baby got dork. Dork me baby one more time. Smells like dork spirit. Champagne Dorkanova.
.
What a dorkasaurus rex.
.
.
.
I hate my life.

 
Blogger David said at 4:50 PM...

There's always, "Super!" and "Formidable!" The latter roughly translates to "Neat!" so you may want to restrain your use of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Gig — Caribou |  How Sad |  Perogies!!! |  Osaka vs. Tokyo |  Restaurant Sign |  Summer '07 |  More Koenji |  New Year's Eve 2007/8 |  It's Got To Bee Good For You |  English Oh Dear |