incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Perogies!!!

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon making what J-Ho refers to as "The food of my people."

These would be perogies. Little Polish dumplings. The food kind, not to be confused with [a link to a picture of a cute Polish baby was formerly here] this sort of little Polish dumpling.

Pictures are here.

Yum.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Yeebot said at 9:03 PM...

Wow... home made! I LOVE periogies! My polish workmate introduced them to me at a Polish bar a couple of years ago... so so yummy! Especially when sprinked with deep fried lard! You must try it! :)

 
Blogger Sam said at 9:17 PM...

Funny!

As we were eating them yesterday, Jackie said: "mmm, they're even better with lard.. Just kidding!"

But looks like they actually ARE served with crispy lard goodness! YUM. I shall have to find me some lard..

 
Anonymous Anonymous said at 11:03 PM...

I feel that I should step in - for the record - and claim the perogy for a wider range of eastern european/slavic cultures. not only poland, but also ukraine, and to some extent russia, lithuania, romania... anyway, germans can make their way around a dumpling or two too, or at least my kinda-german grandma can - she's famous for the sweet/savory "grandma's plum dumplings". mmmm. my mouth waters at the thought.

see wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi

also, in german, 'dumpling' kinda sounds like "cuddle".

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Osaka vs. Tokyo |  Restaurant Sign |  Summer '07 |  More Koenji |  New Year's Eve 2007/8 |  It's Got To Bee Good For You |  English Oh Dear |  Litterbugger |  Why Most Japanese Are Slim |  Onion Scramble |