incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Koiwa
Hand-painted katakana "yo"

I like my shitamachi. Shitamachi are old school areas of Japan, that still have some character and charm to them. Where people are more likely to greet strangers in the street, and where giant department stores have managed not to fully invade.

Ages ago, I checked out Koiwa. I was only there a short time, so I didn't get to see too many interesting things, but here's a taste of the area. Click on the photo for more pics.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > I Like Chillies |  I Like Kuromitsu |  I Like Fruits |  I Like Smoked Foods |  Food Boo — Costa Brava |  Okonomi-yummy |  She's Lovin' It |  Can I Hear an Ahh-MEN! |  Snapper Snaps |  It Was a Dark and Stormy Night |