incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Monday, June 12, 2006
Kyoto Exposed

So I was wandering the main streets of Kyoto with Nana-chan this evening. Lots of pachinko parlours, I noticed. NC reckons Kyoto's pretty much dead in the evenings, especially on a Sunday.

It was then that I noticed a group of guys whooping and taking photos with their cellphones of a guy-girl couple outside a pachinko parlour.

It was then that I noticed the guy had his hands all over the girl.

It was then that I noticed the girl was wearing nothing apart from a zip up jacket (not zipped up) and posing for the cameras.

It was disturbing on many levels.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Japan said at 11:25 AM...

Mmmm, disturbing is one word for it...:|

 
Anonymous Anonymous said at 2:41 PM...

I am the one who owes you many many emails. I'm going to get writing this weekend I promise.
T

 
Blogger Sam said at 5:55 PM...

That was the first time I had ever seen such sleaze in Japan. And to think it was in polite 'ol Kyoto!

 
Anonymous pach said at 10:10 PM...

Is it true?? I mean a lot of pachinko parlors in Japan. I like pachinko game but never was in Japan :(

 
Blogger Sam said at 10:31 PM...

Pach, it was probably just a one-off incident. Thankfully these things don't happen often.. or at least I don't see them very often at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Sunday Arvo Bus Ride |  TLC For Lil 'ol Me |  Japan |  Subway Mime |  Tennoji Zoo (J) |  Butter Sandwich |  I'm standing in a bus queue.. |  Various Styles of Various Music? |  Three Wise Gaijin |  Ch-ching!! |