incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Things Learned Throughout 2007
  • Creepy crawlies WILL crawl up your unplugged bathtub drain hole and present themselves to you when you are at your most vulnerable and most naked
  • At night in the middle of Tokyo, 5km from Shinjuku, it IS possible to see not only a star or two in the sky, but a FREAKIN' SHOOTING STAR (NB: I've only ever seen two shooting stars in my life, both of which have only been in Japan of all places!)
  • You never realise exactly how effective a stiletto heel is for causing serious damage to an assailant until someone accidentally stabs you in YOUR ankle with their heel
  • It may be squishy and bad in the women's carriage, but it's ALWAYS MUCH WORSE in the other carriages
  • I love my anti-inflammatory drugs
  • You can't say "champagne" without saying "pain"
  • Kimchi is NOT a food that lasts for ages

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said at 10:22 AM...

> You can't say "champagne" without
> saying "pain".

Yes, so true!

BTW, Congratulations!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said at 7:34 AM...

Woo for Samu!! So so exciting. EEEEeeeee!!!

 
Blogger Yeebot said at 7:21 PM...

I second the heel comment. Some girl scraped the back of my calf with hers a couple of months ago and I STILL have a massive scar!

Them heels are dangerous things...

 
Blogger Sam said at 9:08 PM...

Lea, I was in TEARS. I haven't been reduced to tears by anyone in a long time.

 
Blogger Yeebot said at 5:20 PM...

Oh dear! I hope the perpetrator realised the pain she was inflicting!

Unlike my incident where she flounced off too drunk to notice a thing, leaving me standing there somewhat gobsmacked staring at the blood gushing out of the gaping wound in my leg!

 
Blogger SamIam said at 7:17 AM...

How about if you say "champagne" french styles. So it comes out like, chump-parn?!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said at 10:52 PM...

Sam, the Man won't let me send texts to your new shoephone address! I've owed you a text for 2 weeks and the guilt is killing me. Forgive me, I've been working 12 hours days (they even made me work on Labour Day, the bastards!) so all I do outside of work is sit and quietly dribble. Oh, and also sorry for being too much of a tard apparently to be able to send a text to an ezweb address from my docomo phone. I is very confused.

 
Blogger Jackie Hoffart said at 12:24 AM...

i think shooting stars are ALWAYS a good sign.

 
Blogger Yeebot said at 7:54 PM...

How about if you say "champagne" phonetically. So it sounds like sham-pag-neeeee! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Time Travel |  Movies - Vidocq |  To The All Blacks |  Peace. Infinity. |  Pass It Onto Your Friends As Well |  Beary Cute Coffee |  Women vs. Sam |  Cool Things |  Best Food Of Summer |  Chiropractical |