incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Friday, August 24, 2007
Singapore: Day Five

On Saturday morning, it was once again thundery and rainy. What is WITH this weather??

My bro kindly went and bought breakfast for me, bringing it back along with an assortment of fruits. At outdoor fruit and veg retailers, they don't label what the fruits and vegetables are, so my brother also bought some mystery fruit which looked like baby echidna. Neither of us had any idea what they were, though they looked like they were related to rambutan.

We then went on part one of my successful shopping spree, where I bought shoes. Hurray!

A mid afternoon "snack" was had at the Lau Pa Sat kopi tiam, where my brother spilled a cup of coffee that partially landed on my foot. It got kind of sticky later and I dipped my foot into a water feature outside an office. My timing wasn't so great as a bus full of people came past at that very moment. I hope no one tracks me down and whips me.

The evening brought deeeeelish dins at the No Signboard seafood restaurant. Yes, that's its actual name. We ordered two different kinds of crab, prawns and an absolutely diVINE plate of noodles.

I still hadn't had my taste of durian yet, so we ventured to a place selling a million of them. I'm no durian expert and was tempted to go for the cutest looking durian, but the experts we were with found us some good ones. Durians are banned from being carried on public transport, so basically, unless you have a car, you have to eat the thing at these roadside stalls. It was good times. Even if I couldn't get the smell off my hands for the next three days.

At night, my bro and I decided to head up to Club St. He had never been before, and wow, it was a real winner. The area looks posh. Nice (but very empty) restaurants with gorgeous decor and high prices. We ended up at a bar called Toca Me ("touch me" in.. Spanish?) where their drinks are nice and STRONG. It was cool just to hang out and chill..

Day Five's food:

Photos

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger David said at 10:14 PM...

I'm pretty sure they were garlic steamed prawns, not jiu yim prawns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Singapore: Day Four |  Singapore: Day Three |  Singapore: Day Two |  Singapore: Day One |  But Off-Course |  Missing Mystery Floor |  Phone Call From Big Bro |  $12 Mochaccino |  Foto Obscura |  Dinner With Liz & Danielle |