incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
But Off-Course

Ages ago, I posted something about Book Off -- a discount chain of bookstores here in Japan (and apparently worldwide).

The other day, J-Ho tipped me off about the company also running a discount hardware store called: Hard Off.

This prompted me to recall the time when I was on a train going through some open plains of Japan. As I looked into the distance, admiring the quaint traditionally styled Japanese houses, green, lush paddy fields and rolling mountains, a giant bowling pin suddenly came into view -- right before an equally large sign for Hard Off.

The same company also runs Off House (discount furniture),



.. Mode Off (a discount clothing store),



.. Garage Off (discount goods for your car),



.. and Hobby Off:



I'm currently drafting a business proposal for them. It's for a discount kitchenware store which I would like them to name:

FORK OFF.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Missing Mystery Floor |  Phone Call From Big Bro |  $12 Mochaccino |  Foto Obscura |  Dinner With Liz & Danielle |  You Say Potato, I Say Rhinoceros. |  The News |  Trains In Summer |  DOA |  One Hot Pedestrian |