incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Friday, July 18, 2008
Dying... Should Be Dead

It's been friggin' hot this week. I have probably been contributing to the melting of the polar ice caps by eating ice cream with a plastic, disposable spoon (wrapped in its own plastic), while basking in the musky cool that is the office A/C.

But Tokyo is STILL cooler than Osaka!

The onslaught of weather should have been pretty obvious from an afternoon stroll through Shimokitazawa a month or so ago. I got separated from the pack and went to check out a restaurant menu down an alley. As I was coming back, my Spidey Senses went a bit funny and I stopped and checked where I was putting my feet.

Sure enough, a few feet away, was what I THOUGHT was a dead rat. It was instead, a DYING rat. It was convulsing with its mouth slightly open and occasionally would twitch so badly that it would flip into the air.

I moved away post haste as an "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" trailed behind me.

Within the hour after the rat drama, the group of us sat down for some afternoon refreshment at a cafe called ASSO. The waitress put a pile of small plates on our table, and as Hiro tried to distribute the plates, a large COCKROACH ran out from in between the plates and made a bid for freedom.

Hiro is obviously suited to working in the fire service, as he calmly trapped our roach friend under a plate and called the waitress.

A true "Hiro" in more ways than one!"

Summer — BE AFRAID.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Bee Bo |  Very Cool Radiohead Music Video |  All Bun Herself: Day Two |  Bun Alone |  Today's Beer Index |  Staring is rude |  Kitty Galore |  Happy, Healthy Chooks |  Discovery Sam — Things I Probably Should Already Know |  Need a Fag? |