incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
Teachery fun for everyone

It's fun being a teacher. This is probably my least stressful job to date. Not to say it is without stress. I currently have quite possibly the WORST headache known to Sam-kind. I'm quite attached to my "kids" as I keep calling them. I really should stop calling them that.

I've spent far too many hours at work, happily cutting up ridiculously small bits of paper in order to stick them into books or make activities out of them. It's fun! Right now, I'm marking a class' journals. We've recently started to get them writing 2 sentences about what they did yesterday or in the weekend. Thankfully, some students write more and some are hilarious. I'm so proud when they write heaps. It doesn't have to be grammatically correct, just as long as they're expressing their feelings and describing stuff. Marking is also a novelty to me... ooh the potential to power trip.. Nah, I keep drawing smiley faces on everything and want to buy one of those smiley face stamps from my primary school days.

What's also pretty novel and cool about being a teacher is... WRITING ON BLACKBOARDS!!! WHEEE! I have absolutely HIDEOUS writing but it's still fun! It's like being in the uber role play - with dressups! I get to dress 'teachery' (whatever that is), talk about stuff, confiscate things from students, set assessments, mark things, write on blackboards.

The weather has been so hot lately that I haven't worn any pants, jeans or sneakers in over a month. I think EVERYTHING has expanded in my body (not necessarily due to the heat either) so I don't think I'll be fitting into my shoes or pants soon. Skirts (preferably the non-hugging type) and 3/4 pants have been the order of many a day. The weather has only JUST started to cool and I wore my jeans for the first time in over the month today.

As you can see in the following photo, sometimes having a blackboard in our wee office (they've recently installed an INTERNET CABLE... oooh.. I hope we can use it..) is to our detriment - in the following photo, Carleigh and I started to draw what we thought tanuki (Japanese racoon dogs) look like for our amusement. Of course, it would turn out that the ONLY time we've ever mucked around on the board and left the evidence there would be the day the internet installers come into our office and see our shenanigans up on the board, plain and simple for all to see. GAWDDAMNIT!!! And yes, the tanuki on the left has unusually large testicles. The ceramic versions many restaurants place outside their doors for goodluck all have unusually large balls. For prosperity etc. The female ceramic versions of course, have no balls whatsover. They do however sport a pink or red bow in their 'hair'.

board scribblings

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > frm my cell / yay4Joshin! |  A fishy breakfast |  fone blog/lost in th wops on a public holiday |  HOLIDAY GOODNESS! |  fone blog/Steriogram |  Photos - Enroute to Osaka |  Teacher shoes! |  It's the RAPTURE!! / OSAKA, JAPAN |  emailin frm my fone |  Accessibility in Japan |