incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Yay for discrimination!

I went to my favourite oden restaurant, Hito-iki, last night. At the end of our meal, I was the only one presented with a creme brulee dessert, served in a champagne flute with what I think were celery leaves. I asked my male companions where their dessert was, and they said that desserts in these sorts of restaurants are only for the women.

Whether this is just an effort to plump up women for breeding purposes, I dunno. It was still a yummy way to end an enormous meal.

I love this restaurant. It's cosy, and they serve THE most delicious goma doufu: a lightly sesame flavoured tofu with a texture inbetween mascarpone and panna cotta, topped with a little soy sauce, wasabi and toasted pine nuts. I have yet to find something similar in other restaurants.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Japan said at 9:11 AM...

Hehehe....

That's Japan for ya! :)

Oooh, that goma-doufu sounds good!!

I'm sure I've got a similar story to tell.....just can't think of it yet...damn!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Hmm.. |  Whoops. |  Way Too Short |  Kyoto Peace Parade |  Happiness Is.. |  Online Conversation |  Ewok Transporter |  Brazil vs. Oz |  Bubudzuke (J) |  Kyoto Exposed |