incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Tamagawa BBQ
Hachi -- Too Much Meat

I guess I should talk about the Tamagawa BBQ a month or so ago...

My train line cuts across the Tama river. Should I be on the train in the weekends, I would see people in their large groups having BBQs, fossicking about the rocks and generally having a jolly good time. In my head, I would imagine pressing my face up against the glass (in my head, cos I can't imagine the glass being particularly hygienic considering the number of people I've seen sneeze directly at it), emitting a sigh of longing... longing to have a BBQ of my own down by the Tama river.

.. and so came the day when I was invited to join some peeps for a BBQ down by Tamagawa.

I was all: "Heeeelllll-YEAH!"

Like many Japanese BBQs, a vast amount of meat was consumed. I believe the only farm animal not eaten was horse. Creatures of the sea were also eaten. And there was even LAMB.

Games were played, trees were climbed, walks were taken.. I even FINALLY had my game of badminton.. my first ever since coming to Japan!

Good times all round...

The Cutest Kid

There were some cute kids wandering about, too. At one point, as I was about to make a trip with some others to use the loo at a nearby driving school, I felt a small, soft hand grab mine.

I look down and see this droplet of a little boy, with a very stylish hat on (no, not the one in the photo). He's looking off into the distance when I say to him: "Umm, I think you've got the wrong hand..."

He looks up and THANKFULLY doesn't burst into tears (I'm guessing his parents haven't told him about Stranger Danger yet) but rather gives me a look that seemed to say: "Ohwhoopsbye." and retreats to his ACTUAL family.

Mai turns to me and says: "Had you continued walking any further it'd be considered kidnapping,"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Recipe: Pork with Mayo-Shiso Sauce |  This Makes Me Sad... |  I'm Such A Nerd |  The Body Beautiful |  Kojimachi Cafe |  Divertimento Concert 2007 |  Monteith's Black For $4? |  A Toilet I Would Like To Marry |  Yuummy Notebook |  198 Yen Lime |