incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Movies - Resident Evil, Extinction

Normally, I can't do zombie movies, but I do like weird sci-fi-y stuff. And who doesn't like to see Milla Jovovich kick some ass?

Using my Scary Movie Watching technique which involves turning the sound down, minimising my movie player to as small as possible when things get tense, and occasionally moving it so that I can't see the screen at all, I managed to get through Resident Evil: Extinction.

It's a tacky, plot holey movie with gore, zombies galore, lots of predictable bits, uncalled-for romance and one funny line. Nothing to shake one's poms poms at really. I think I liked the second one more.

At the end of the film, the bad guys have all set up camp in Tokyo. What was a bit weird was that as the camera pans over the Tokyo Metro sign, and some of the road, we see some Japanese characters. I'm not sure what happens to Tokyo in the distant future, but judging by the movie, I think in the distant future Japan ends up changing their writing system so that it looks just like Chinese, 'cos I sure haven't seen those characters anywhere around Tokyo!

Come ON Resident Evil people, the game was made in Japan by a Japanese person. The LEAST you could've done was to get the Japanese characters right!

When Milla Jovovich visited Tokyo to promote the opening of the movie, she hinted that the next movie could very well be set in Tokyo. Maybe if I stay here long enough I can sign up to be a zombie.

Although they could just film shots of commuters walking along, with their pale, long faces, drudging to and from work. I smell cost savings!

MAAARRRLLLGGGHGHGGHGHGHGH!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > NaNoWriMo 2007 |  Autumnal Pear Crumble |  Childhood Dreams |  Burger Rejection |  Wonderings |  Welcome To Japan! |  Not Cheap Eats |  Verbatim |  Tokyo Motor Show 2007 |  Beware Pronunciation |