incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Monday, March 21, 2005
More karaoke goodness

Carleigh and I ended up in Shinsaibashi again in the weekend. We had two hours to kill before the first trains of the day and didn't want to pay to 2000 yen (NZ$30) cover charge to get into a bar playing icky music. So after much deliberation, my snack of "chicken rice" onigiri (a rice ball - it so didn't taste like chicken rice) and C's snack of vomit-flavoured, oh wait sorry, "pizza" flavoured chips, we went to the nearby Jumbo Karaoke (the McDonald's of karaoke chains in Japan). It was weird, just the two of us singing, but it turned out to be fortuitious as we tried songs that we normally wouldn't, in the safety of there only being the two of us as witnesses to each other's singing mishaps.

I have DEFINITELY come to the conclusion that attempting black singers is instant death for me in karaoke situations. Although, I can sorta do Janet Jackson. Just not Alicia Keys - JEEZ what was I thinking??

C started with The Darkness and we ended with Aerosmith. Well, the last song was Eurhythmics but we didn't finish it.

We both awoke with "LIVING ON THE EDGE! You can't help yourself at alllllll.." in our heads. I also woke up ravenous and ate some very yummy instant okonomiyaki flavoured noodles. Followed by very yummy "NY Brownie" chocolate sticks. Followed by a supremely yummy toasted Kapiti Cheese sandwich.

Then I turned on the TV and saw yet another INCREDIBLY TRASHY game show. This time it was a dating one, with 5 men obviously selected for their different 'types' (Large Roly Man, Girly Man, Manly Man, Average Man and Comedian Man). I pity the 3 women (ages 20, 22, and 24) who had to pick one to date. As each woman came on stage, the camera would start at her inevitably stilletoed feet and sweeeep upwards.

Oh so trashy. The stuff I'll watch when bored.

The 24 year old looked kinda pained to be there. It was obvious who she was going to go for although she looked like she supressed a "OMG, talk about being backed into a corner here" look before accepting Manly Man's offer. It would appear that the way to a woman's heart might actually be through breaking 10 paving slabs with your forehead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > A most happy birthday indeed |  How To Start The Week |  How NOT To Start The Week |  Note to self |  I ate: fish testes |  back in Japan |  Peelings... nothing more than.. peeeelings.. |  Not enough time! |  Yay for Welly! |  Going home.. |