When visiting areas of Japan where native animals roam freely, one will inevitably be warned with "Watch out for those [insert native animal here]s." "Damn those [insert native animal here] are scary!"
So far I've encountered the Monkeys of Mino and the Deer of Nara.
Of the two, I think I'd rather face off with a monkey.
At least you can tell what a monkey's thinking. Show of teeth = angry. Widening of eyes = scared. You can be prepared and act accordingly.
But deers' faces are totally expressionless.
Who KNOWS what a deer is thinking.
They could be plotting to bite you on the ass (as they did to an unsuspecting Korean tourist) and you would have no idea.
They could be plotting to shunt your child into the turtle pond.
AND YOU WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO TELL.
人が土地の動物が自由にさまよっている所で観光する前、必ず
「《動物名》に気をつけてね!」「《動物名》が危ないよ!」
というふうに注意される。
今まで箕面のサルと奈良のシカしか会ったことはない。
どっちかと言えば、サルのほうが危なくないと思う。
少なくとも、サルの顔を見て何を考えてるか分かるでしょう。例えば歯を見せたら怒ってるという意味とか。向こうの表情・反応を見て自分が対応できるでしょう。逃げようか、逃げないか・・
しかし、シカは表情がまったくない。
シカが、な~にを思考してるかちっとも分からないでしょう。
あんたのケツを噛むと企めば疑わない。当日これは韓国人の観光者に本当に起こった。
あんたのお子さんを池にぐいと押すと企めばさっぱり・・・分からない。
'deer' rhymes with 'fear'
It all started off innocently enough.. 最初は平気だった・・
There were the usual formal greetings between human and animal. お辞儀を丁寧にやってくれるシカとちゃんと挨拶した。
.. and then there were the children. Blissfully watching the giant carp while on a school trip. 遠足で来た子供たちも楽しんでた。でかいコイを見てた。
Then the trouble began. そこで・・始まった。
Though one kid had an affinity with the deer. That didn't help calm down the rest though. 一匹のシカが子供たちに近づいて、みんな(一人以外)叫んで 、あっちこっち行っちゃった。
There was a reason why I decided not to buy the Deer Biscuits. Screenshot from a video of my brother screaming with panic as he is surrounded by hungry deer. なぜ私シカのおやつを買わなかったか兄ちゃんやっと分かって きた。兄ちゃんがシカに追いかけてる写真。大パニックになっ て、叫んじゃった。撮ったビデオからの写真。






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home