incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Saturday, April 07, 2007
FOUND!


FOUND!
Originally uploaded by samu.
In my quest for Hollandaise sauce (alas the quest continues) due to the appearance of English muffins at my local supermarket (guess who wants Eggs Benny!), I came across a place that had a slew of Whittaker's products!

It was another tear-inducing moment as I stood in the confectionary aisle, hand over heart, Pokarekareana going through my head.

As you can see, I've already made short work of the Dark Chunks, but will save la Peanut Slab for an emergency.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Leon said at 7:27 PM...

Can you really buy hollandaise sauce in a jar? Even if you could, I'm not sure I would want to. It really isn't that hard to make your own. You can use Delia's method:
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/hollandaise-sauce,769,RC.html

I've not tried her foaming version, but you can premake and freeze it:
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/foaming-hollandaise,773,RC.html

 
Blogger Sam said at 12:53 PM...

Thanks for the tip, Leon. I just need to buy myself one of those mixers..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Oh Dear... |  Lunchtime Sakura |  Women Only Carriage, 8.01am |  NUTSday! |  My 580yen Frypan |  The Impossible 100 Yen Avocado |  Women-Only Carriage, 7.32am |  Women-only Carriage, 8.36am |  Cripes. |  Put Up Your Dukes! |