I get the feeling that I'm sharing my building with a bunch of animals.
Firstly, there are The Elephants, who quite unreservedly thump up the stairs, while trumpeting rather loudly that it's two in the morning.
Then there's The Mare (in more ways that one) whose heels I always hear clip-clopping down the driveway at odd hours of the morning. She has recently also started what appears to be furniture shuffling at strange hours. How many permutations will it require before you are happy with the interior layout of your 2.5 metre squared room, hun?
The other day, I met what could only be The Bat. This was evident by his complete inability to notice my presence one morning when we were less than one metre apart and I said "Good morning," to him.
Part of me can't help but think: Welcome to Spoiled Brat Tokyo! Where your parents footing your living costs means that you can behave like a complete twat!
Another thing which annoys me are people, especially young people, who are obviously making an extreme effort (case in point: guy the other morning who hung his head pathetically and stared at the ground) to avoid eye contact with you/acknowledge your presence when only both of you happen to crossing each others' paths.
I myself, am turning into a Cow, as I slowly discover (among other things) my ability to sleep standing up.
Labels: Japan, people, rant, Tokyo/Kanto






2 Comments:
Oh - this sounds a lot like London. I've started calling it big city syndrome. The people above me at the moment love moving their furniture around too, but at least they only start at about 10am. It is sad how, when overwhelmed with the number of strangers, people just withdraw and make the problem worse. Humans seem to be good at getting on downward spirals...
Tell me about it - I wish more commuter buses were party buses on the way to work, imagine meeting new friends while commuting instead of being faced with a tin full of silent drones!
Post a Comment
<< Home