incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Friday, September 22, 2006
My Weekly Amusement

Kansai Flea Market, a free black/white classifieds publication, is distributed weekly. Its Personals section is so amusing, that it even has a mention in the Japan Lonely Planet guide.

This week's pick comes from a Mr. Etsuo:

Single JM (45) seeks girl for friendship and more. I'm honest, kind, meek. 182cm tall, 60kg, living in Kyoto. I studied Low and Photo in two Univ. I hate tabacco and lie.

*hands clasped together, eyes glistening with tears of joy* Oh, there's SO MUCH to work with there, I don't know where to begin! This fellow sounds adorable -- I hope he finds his dream woman.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger David said at 11:34 PM...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
Blogger David said at 11:36 PM...

I like a meek-man, myself.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said at 6:21 AM...

Imagine putting your ad in a world-renowned personals column, with a reputation to uphold!

Talk about pressure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Gender Ambiguity |  Coppers |  Unfortunately... |  Play On Words, Or.. |  Blood Suckers |  Tokyo's Lack of Rubbish Bins |  Living In The Kinki Region Of Japan Means... |  Instant Curry Laksa? |  Goya -- it's gotta be good for you! |  Behind HEP 5 |