incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
STOKED

So it was Ladies' Night at the cinema tonight. Fortunately, this doesn't mean that before the movie, oiled men in leopard skin G-strings jump in front of the screen to gyrate for the audience.

I spontaneously (by spontaneously, I mean, mid yoga pose), decided to go watch something. Anything. Just cos it would only be 1000yen (NZ$13) instead of the usual 1800yen (NZ$23).

So I picked War of the Worlds. Unfortunately, I also picked War of the Worlds, the DUBBED VERSION.

I understood quite a lot which was quite nice for a change. Apart from why the aliens suddenly died. A quick googling sorted me out.

It was a really depressing movie to watch! There were some amusing moments, like when it's mentioned that the first Tripody alien thing has been downed in... of all places... OSAKA, JAPAN. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to emit a small, but audible, "WHOOP WHOOP!".

However, what was REALLY cool, were the things BEFORE the movie. Sorry Mr. Spielberg. Youseeyouseeyousee, I SAW THE HARRY POTTER TRAILER!!!

WHEEEEE!!

Oh Steph, my Harry Potter buddy, I wish you were here to watch it with me.. It comes out in November by the looks of things.

But what was even more 'stoking', was staring at the screen, waiting for the movie to start, and then PETER JACKSON APPEARS!! He says, "Hello Japan.." and proceeds to talk a bit about King Kong. And then the full on trailer for King Kong appears!!!

STOKED!

I was about one of 5 people in the huuuuuge theatre (8.40PM screening) and I had a big smile on my face and a wee tear in my eye.

GO NEW ZEALAND! GO PETER JACKSON! GO WELLINGTON! I miss you all! And your cinema-standard Tip Top boysenberry ice cream!! My 'chocolate chocolate' just didn't cut it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said at 11:22 AM...

I wouldn't worry too much about not understanding why they died, even watching it in English I was still confused!

 
Anonymous Anonymous said at 9:18 AM...

Don't forget, Harry Potter book #6 comes out in 4 days too! :)

 
Anonymous Anonymous said at 4:49 PM...

oh man, i think if i'd a seen PJ in a cinema when i was overseas i'd a just blubbered like an idiot. go PJ! go Wellington! go Samu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > Photo Set - Cool |  Photo Set - Amusing |  The Hilton Plaza |  Hot Days (J) |  Welcome to my pad (J) |  Hidden |  The Salary Women Only Party (J) |  100 yen food! (J) |  A Weekend With Fi (J) |  Not quite living the dream (J) |