incognito mosquito - always pack repellant   View photos from STREET ART photo set   View photos from FAVES photo set   View photos from FOOD photo set   View photos from AMUSING photo set   View photos from CATS photo set  
Friday, October 13, 2006
Nostalgia -- Custard Apple
atemoya

When I saw this fruit in Okinawa a few weekends ago (more to come about that amazing trip once I sort out photos), I simply HAD to buy it. It looked a lot like a custard apple, something I fondly remember eating as a child, while keeping a wary eye on the various forms of animals that roamed the back of our house.

Anyway, turns out that the atemoya I bought really IS a species of custard apple! It cost about NZ$13, which is quite ridiculous really, but it brought back so many awesome memories of my few years in Malaysia.. me getting my hands dirty eating my half of custard apple, while pushing myself around on my Strawberry Shortcake tricyle (pink, of course). My tricycle was quite squat.. if anyone can remember what those are called, please let me know! Are they still called tricycles?

Everything is so much larger when you're 80cms high.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

previously > The Local Okonomiyaki Joint |  Osaka Meccha Happy Festival |  The Great Japan Beer Festival, 2006 |  Dads Are Cute (J) |  Who's A Study Bunny? |  Sudden Realisations (J) |  My Weekly Amusement |  Gender Ambiguity |  Coppers |  Unfortunately... |